Tuesday, September 3, 2013

And The Winner Is...(August 2013)

So begins a new month- which of course means it's time for another instalment of And The Winner Is here on Need to Read. This month I had less titles to pick from, due to the fact that I'm moving and have had less time to read, but there was still more than enough to choose from for me.

I'm going to stick with the same setting as last month and pick my top favourite book from August. So without further ado, here it is:



Ostrich by Matt Greene: Review here


I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's the story of Alex and the way he perceives the world around him- from the insignificant to the life-changing, Alex tells all with a dry wit and a loveable character. The book covers many issues that people face today, as well as the way they affect those who experience them. It takes a little while to get into the book, and it's a story you'll either love or hate, especially as the ending is a little confusingly ambiguous. I'm firmly in the 'love it' camp, confusing ending and all. A refreshingly blunt book, told through the eyes of an 'almost thirteen' year-old boy with a brain tumour.



No comments:

Post a Comment